Friday, April 27, 2007

Gram's Hot Chocolate Mix


Here is the recipe for my grandmother's hot chocolate mix. She would mix up a giant bowlful of this (sometimes enlisting the aid of a younger grandchild or great-grandchild), then transfer it to jars for gift-giving. We always were happy to see a jar of this arrive at our house. It's richer and creamier than my own homemade hot chocolate mix, but I think mine is a tad healthier. If you do try this, though, you're sure to enjoy it.

GRAM'S HOT CHOCOLATE MIX

1 pound Quik chocolate drink mix
1 11-oz. jar Coffee Mate
1/2 to 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
8-quart size Carnation instant dry milk

Mix all ingredients very well in a very large bowl. Transfer to jars
to give to your family for Christmas. When serving, use 1/3 cup mix in
each large mug; fill up with boiling water and stir very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!