Sunday, May 13, 2007

Chocolate-Peanut Morsels


Here’s a wonderful recipe for homemade chocolate-covered peanut candies. I think it’s the corn syrup that makes this coating work so beautifully -- because, you know, ordinarily trying to add water to melting chocolate chips doesn’t work very well. The chocolate seizes up. But have no fear -- that won’t happen with this recipe!

MARVELOUS CHOCOLATE-PEANUT MORSELS

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup light corn syrup (Karo®)
Dash of salt
1 Tbslp. water
1 1/2 cups salted peanuts

Combine the chocolate chips, corn syrup, salt, and water in a 2-cup microwave-safe container. Heat 1 minute on High, stir until completely melted. Add the peanuts and stir until they are coated with the chocolate mixture. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets lined with wax paper. Chill in refrigerator until firm. Makes about 3 dozen candies. When candies are firm, transfer them to tins for gift-giving.

This great recipe is from Cook & Tell, the December 2001 issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!