Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Christmas Tree Spritz



Here's another of my favorite recipes for spritz cookies:

CHRISTMAS TREE SPRITZ

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. almond extract
1/4 tsp. salt
2 1/4 cups flour
Green paste food coloring
Colored candy sprinkles

Heat oven to 400°.

Cream butter and sugar. Blend in egg and extract, then flour and salt. Blend in small amount of green coloring to tint dough a light green.

Place tree plate in cookie press. Fill press with 1/4 of dough at a time. Form cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle cookies with colored candy sprinkles.

Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove to racks to cool. Makes about 9 dozen.

This is a favorite on our cookie trays because it adds a note of lively color. If you do not care for almond flavoring, substitute vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!