Saturday, May 05, 2007

Coffee Walnuts


Here's another wonderful kitchen gift for people who love walnuts and/or coffee. This is a great addition to a gift basket (especially a coffee-themed basket) and would also make a nice stocking stuffer.

COFFEE WALNUTS
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
Combine ingredients in a saucepan and cook to the soft-ball stage.

Remove from heat and toss in: 3 cups broken walnuts.

Spread on wax-paper-lined cookie sheets to dry. The nuts should be
fairly separate, not in large clumps.


When dry, I suggest you store the nuts in tins for gift-giving. Obviously, this recipe makes about 3 cups of coffee walnuts, so you could use 3 1-cup tins or a number of smaller ones. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!