Monday, June 04, 2007

Gooseberry Patch Christmas Book #1

  


Earlier I’ve mentioned Christmas books put out by Gooseberry Patch -- Welcome Home for the Holidays and Homespun Christmas -- and later I’ll share my thoughts about others of these that I own. They are hardcover, comb-bound books and are lovely.

 But there are other, numbered, G’berry Patch Christmas books, published by Leisure Arts, that are every bit as nice. They contain some of the same recipes and projects, and a good many extra ones as well. These books also contain wonderful photos of the foods and projects that are included. I’ve come by these in different ways -- mailings from Leisure Arts (most expensive way); using 40%-50% off coupons at Jo-ann Fabrics; buying the paperback version at Wal*Mart; and finding them at consignment shops (cheapest way). 

I have gotten my money’s worth out of every one of these. (I own them all, but they seem to come out with a new one each year.) 

Book #1 contains the following sections: Family Christmas; Cherished Traditions; A Sprinkle Here, a Sparkle There; Make it Merry, Wrap it Bright; Gifts from the Kitchen; and Festive Foods & Glorious Feasts

Projects I’ve made from this book include the Spiced Candles, Appliquéd Tea Towels, Twig Stars, Sweatshirt Cardigan, and handmade Gift Tags

Kitchen gifts I’ve made include Mom’s Hot Chocolate and Sunset Orchard Spiced Tea Mix. 

There are still many, more recipes and craft and decorating ideas that I want to try from this book. You might find it at a consignment shop or on eBay for a decent price.  I have bought some on Thriftbooks.  And recently I saw all sixteen of the numbered Gooseberry Patch Christmas books at a local thrift store.  They are a fabulous addition to any collection of Christmas books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!