Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Great idea for kitchen gifts


With Christmas less than 2 months away, it’s high time I got back to posting here! I hope I can share something every day that might help with your Christmas planning and gift ideas.

Today, I want to pass on something neat that I don’t recall seeing in catalogs before -- bakeable corrugated paper loaf pans. You can bake your quick breads, fruitcakes, etc. in these and then give them away in the same decorative pan you baked them in.

So far, I have seen these advertised in two catalogs -- Gooseberry Patch
and the King Arthur Baker’s Catalogue.

The Baker’s Catalogue offers other sizes and shapes of these pans as well -- even star-shaped ones! You might like to check these out for yourself and see if they would be helpful for your kitchen gifts this Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I might not get to use these this year, but it's definitely something to keep in mind. I'm sure looking forward to all your Christmasy stuff coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan!

    One thought quickly comes to mind... if you don't have the time to use these this year, keep your eye on the after-Christmas sales. You may find some at a bargain price to use next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea! I'll keep my eye out for them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!