Thursday, November 01, 2007

Last installment of My Christmas Notebook


My Christmas Notebook -- Odds & Ends

I really should go ahead and wrap up the story of my Christmas notebook by sharing what's in the front and back pockets of it.

The back pocket is easy. That's where I store my menus from past Thanksgivings -- the meal plan, who brought what, etc. I also keep a list of what serving dishes and utensils I typically need for Thanksgiving dinner.

The front pocket of the notebook is quite a bit more of a mess. I've tucked in several pretty Christmas pictures (from catalogs, etc.) that I thought inspiring. (But now I have a better place to put them -- my scrapbook-type journal!) There's a Christmas card or two in there that I hope to frame. There are lists and ideas that just don't seem to fit anywhere else -- but as I look these over now, I realize that they could fit into other places in the notebook if I really think about it. Some examples are lists of open-house appetizers and desserts, our menu from last year's "Christmas dinner" (held in February!), and a couple lists of homemade mixes I've given to our parents for Christmas. There are centerpiece ideas, a holiday shipping/mailing guide from the US Postal Service, a clipping detailing how to host a cookie exchange -- even a list of gift ideas for myself, because people sometimes ask and I seldom can think of anything quickly.

Finishing up the description of my Christmas notebook has been a great thing to do today, because it has given me new enthusiasm to get the notebook reorganized and set for a new holiday season!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are posting here again. Love the coasters. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like them, Mary! This is an old comment I'm replying to -- just caught up with it. I wonder if you are still reading after all these years?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!