Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Vintage Christmas carol books ~ a small collection

I have a small collection of vintage Christmas carol books and recently scanned some of the images from them. I thought others might enjoy seeing these lovely old illustrations as well.

Here's one of the book covers.

The back cover of this book is pretty, too.

This one has an image of choir boys.

And lastly, a Victorian village scene.

This rather amusing illustration is on the inside front cover of the above book.

Here is the table of contents from one of the books.

Now for some of the songs. Here's I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day.

Jingle Bells.

O Christmas Tree.

O Little Town of Bethlehem.

O Holy Night. Love the printing on this one.

The First Noel.

Here We Come A-Wassailing.

This fun saying is a good way to end this whimsical post!

2 comments:

  1. I love these! I have one or maybe 2 similar Christmas Carol Books. I also love the pictures inside. Your books are so special! If I ever decide to get rid of what I have I'll make sure to let you know in case you would like to add to what you have.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they amazing!? I just love them. These were all freebies that I got here and there ... mostly acquired with bags of old Christmas cards that people have given me to use in crafts with kids. Of course I wouldn't use the older vintage cards for crafting (only color photocopies) but it's surprising what people will give away if they think someone can use it. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!