Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cookie Dough Truffles

(Photo by Taste of Home)
As mentioned earlier, Mr. T did a lot of our baking and candy making this Christmas.  Maybe later I can post our actual baking list (which differed quite a bit from our tentative list!).  I thought I would share one of the candy recipes that we really loved.  You can find the recipe here:  Cookie Dough Truffles.  He made these perhaps just a tad smaller than the recipe said to, and he ended up with over 7 dozen candies!  He had three trays of the cookie dough centers chilling out on the porch, lined up on top of the grill.  It was quite a sight!

The chocolate almond bark coating makes these very easy, but I think this candy would be even more wonderful with a real chocolate coating.  One reviewer on the Taste of Home site said that she made these with melted Ghirardelli chocolate, so we might try that next time.  (On the other hand, we just bought several packages of almond bark at 50% off at our local Hannaford supermarket, so maybe not.)

These have gone over very well with everyone who has tasted them.  They really do taste just like cookie dough, without any worry about raw eggs.   Give the recipe a try!  This candy would be great for Valentine's Day or any other sweet occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!