Thursday, July 19, 2012

A few of my favorite [vintage] things...

 
For today's Christmas in July post, I thought I would just share a few of my favorite vintage Christmas things.  It's a busy day and I need to keep things simple.  So here, without further ado, are some of my favorite things -- just pictures and captions, with the items in no particular order.
A favorite white plastic deer; other items look older but are not.

This honeycomb paper bell belonged to my grandmother.  Paper chain made by my grandkids.

My hallway ribbon board with part of my collection of vintage Christmas cards.

Years ago my grandmother tucked a dollar bill in this and tied it to one of my Christmas presents!

A vintage felt snowman.  Notice that his body is in the shape of a snowflake.

Just a few vintage things on our tree.  Several glass balls, a felt elf, a paper light reflector.  The beaded icicle is a newer creation by one of my granddaughters.

On my grandmother's tree, these white reindeer were hung with red satin ribbon.

From a 1952 magazine.  I love giving cookies for gifts!

The inside of a little vintage card

Vintage magazine page to accompany an article on cookie recipes.

Vintage magazine ad for A&P coffee.  What beautiful coffee cups!

A favorite card.  Oh, for the good old days!

Cute card.  I seem drawn to cards featuring mailboxes.

An illustration from a favorite childhood book.

This card features a snip of real red satin ribbon.

Notice the fir branches framing this skating scene.

This vintage ski jump scene is amazing!

Love the peaceful village all in blue.

A favorite cookbook growing up.  So happy I own a copy now.

Little square vintage card.

Another festive mailbox!

A page from a cookie booklet!

Christmas Eve service

From a vintage Christmas postcard.

Woman's Day cost 7¢ per copy!

Inside the skating card shown above

This peaceful village -- love that chimney smoke! -- is a page from a vintage Christmas carol book.
Hope you have enjoyed this peek at some of my favorite [vintage] things!

4 comments:

  1. What a great post! I love all of the vintage images. And I really like your ribbon board with the Christmas cards on it. Thanks for sharing. I always come away inspired when I read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki,

    Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you enjoyed the post and vintage images. I am so happy to hear that you come away inspired when you read my blog!

    I'm getting some great inspiration from yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O MY! What a beautiful vintage post loaded with so much eye candy!!
    Love all the beautiful graphics and vintage pieces! I have the same reindeer which was my parent's!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed the post, Deb! It was hard to choose which things to share (I have tons of vintage cards scanned) so I was sort of random about it. I've always loved those white plastic reindeer too. I usually put my standing one in a scene with glittery houses and bottle brush trees. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!