Monday, December 31, 2012

Pillow fight shields


Julia's sparkly purple shield
I just made seven of these shields for Christmas presents for grandchildren.  These seven kids -- ages one through eight -- already have superhero capes and most of them have foam swords.  When I saw these pillow fight shields on Tip Junkie or Pinterest, I forget which, I just knew the kids would love them.  Their moms agreed, so that was their major Christmas present from us.

 

It wasn't really clear how to make or attach the handles to the backs of the shields, so  I went looking a little bit more and found this tutorial which was much more clear as to how to make handles for shields.  They are made of elastic attached to felt squares.  Nice and sturdy.


 
Maybe a little one in your life would like a pillow fight shield for next Christmas ... or maybe a birthday!  They certainly are a hit with our grandkids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!