Friday, February 15, 2013

A side dish recipe to try for Christmas dinner 2013

(Photo by Taste of Home)
Browsing old December issues of Country Woman magazine, I came upon this recipe:  Green Beans with Roasted Grape Tomatoes.  With its festive red and green colors, this would be a natural for Christmas dinner.  I often have trouble figuring out a green vegetable to serve for that meal, other than the ubiquitous green peas or green bean casserole (which, when all is said and done, isn't really green).  Brussels sprouts can be made festive and I love them, but not everyone does. 

So this green bean and grape tomato dish is definitely worth a try.  And I plan to try it in the summer when both items are fresh and inexpensive.  For Christmas, I probably wouldn't use fresh green beans, as our local supermarket sells frozen whole green beans that are nearly as good.  This recipe looks healthy and delicious, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!