Friday, November 08, 2013

Felt tea wallets -- a sweet stocking stuffer

A fall themed tea wallet

Inside of  tea wallet
 After my last post, Luludou's comment got me thinking that I really should post the link again to the tea wallet instructions.  I've shared about them before, and you can read about them, and find the link to the instructions, here: Tea Wallets</>. 

I've made a number of these for gifts since my daughter made one for me several years ago. 
The tea wallet Carrie made for me.  Mine has one side for tea bags and the other for index cards.
 They are fun, practical, and easily personalized.  You can make any design you like for an applique.  I just made one recently which had a design of colorful autumn leaves on the front.  Hopefully I can share a photo of that soon ... it's still on the camera!
A Christmas tea wallet
On the inside
If the recipient works outside the home or spends a lot of time on the go, a tea wallet is a handy way to carry a selection of tea bags along.  You can make one side large enough to hold index cards, which means you always have a place to jot down a list or an idea, someone's email address, or even Bible verses.  I always take my tea wallet when we go off on a getaway, so I have a nice choice of tea flavors.  And I like the idea of the index cards so I always have a writing surface handy if needed.  Who thinks to bring scrap paper on a getaway?

Since all of the sewing on these is done by hand, this is a nice little project to carry with you and work on when you have a spare minute.  These make a great stocking stuffer or just a fun small gift to share with friends.  Have fun with this idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!