Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A yummy snack to share!


Photo from Inside BruCrew Life
This recipe I'm about to share is probably the most often repinned item on my Snacks to Share Pinterest board.  It's being repinned a lot right now, I'm sure because it's summer and fresh fruit is so good and abundant right now.  Here's the link: Coconut Cream Fruit Dip.   It's been repinned over 150 times so far!

Jocelyn, at Inside BruCrew Life, has such a knack for devising truly wonderful recipes of all types, but her specialty is sweets. This recipe looks so delicious and easy, and it uses just a few ingredients -- cream cheese, canned cream of coconut, marshmallow cream, and whipped topping.  Rum extract is also suggested, which I personally would not use, but Jocelyn says that vanilla extract may be substituted.

Although this is a summery flavor -- and would be a fun treat to try right now -- it would also be pretty at Christmas with strawberries or red and green grapes.  The dip itself has such a pretty snowy look!  Have fun with this recipe!

5 comments:

  1. That does sound yummy! Following your board now--lots of goodies on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! Mom would LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure is a favorite on my Pinterest board. As I noted in the post, one of my most frequently repinned pins. Lana -- nice to see you following the board! You have some pretty nifty appetizer recipes yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious. We love coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do too ... and I've noticed that a lot of vintage Christmas recipes call for coconut (or "cocoanut" as they spelled it back then). Apparently it was/is thought of as a very festive flavor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!