Monday, July 25, 2016

Pretty pine cone and jingle bell ornament


Photo from Fox Hollow Cottage
Isn't the above ornament from Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage just so pretty? I would not necessarily have thought of pairing a jingle bell (especially a shiny jingle bell) with pine cones and twine, but it all works together beautifully.  I have all the materials on hand and would love to make some of these,  as they look to be quite simple.  Find the tutorial here: rustic jingle bell pine cone ornament.

If you vacation or hike this summer at a place where many pine cones have fallen, you may like to snag a few for this project.  When you get them home, be sure to bake them in a 300ยบ oven for half an hour to kill any insects, before crafting with them.

Today is Rudolph Day -- what a perfect time to craft a simple ornament and get ahead of the game for Christmas!  These would also be very pretty tied to a package or tucked into a gift basket.

Happy Rudolph Day!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Rudolph Day and Christmas in July! Adorable ornament!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you, Terri! Yes, I love this ornament idea.

      Delete
  2. What a cute ornament!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it, Vicki! I hope to make a few of these.

      Delete
  3. Great tip to bake them - would never have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read this tip a long time ago in a book that told how to make pine cone wreaths. A very good idea! Since then, I always bake my cones before crafting with them.

      Delete
  4. Oh, those are cute!! I might to try those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they so sweet, Carrie?! I am going to try some of these since I have everything I need on hand (except the right sort of pine cone, I think, but those are easily found).

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!