Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A few posts from the September archives


Image from The Graphics Fairy
I guess I must not post very often in September on my Christmas blog, because there were not a lot of posts in the archives to choose from.  Still, here are a few, and I'll post a couple more of the links later in the week.  Today I want to focus on some handmade gifts that you could complete if you started in the next week or so.

Personalized Cookbooks make a wonderful gift and are great for any gift-giving occasion, not just Christmas.  Over time, these have become my standard wedding or shower gift.  It's an easy project, but is time-consuming.
Christmas Tea Towels are fun to make, and are nice gifts for your daughters or women friends, maybe even co-workers.  You know your friends' tastes.  I myself would always enjoy receiving a gift like this, as I would decorate with it even if I didn't use it to dry dishes!  A whole set of these would be a nice gift for a family member.

And then there are these Pillowcase Grocery Totes and a nifty way to present a set of them as a gift.  I made a set for each of my daughters one Christmas and have since made a set for myself.  They are handy for many uses, but always elicit favorable comments at the grocery store!
Have fun with these ideas!

6 comments:

  1. Love the cute little fox cards. Cookbook is a GREAT ideal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lana! They are fun to make.

      Delete
  2. Those little foxes are precious! Personalized cookbooks make great off to college and bridal shower gifts as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the little foxes so cute, Pamela? Yes, you're right about the off to college and first time living alone set being in need of a good tried-and-true cookbook. I've done lots of these for bridal showers, too.

      Delete
  3. We did the cookbook for our kids.. just need to keep adding recipes to it every year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great, Lucie! I'm sure the cookbook is well used.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!