Saturday, December 23, 2017

A day in the kitchen

 Well, mostly.  I also did some cleaning -- especially scrubbing the tub.  I got a new shower curtain (which I am ridiculously pleased about) and finally got the tub clean so I could put it up.  My enthusiasm concerning the shower curtain has to do with the fact that it has grommets.  The old one had buttonholes, which I didn't realize when I bought it, and over time they have frayed and it has become very difficult to get the curtain on and off the rings. 

But all that's not very Christmasy.  So let's see.  Yesterday afternoon I made Chocolate Mint Crisps and Whipped Shortbread.

Today, I made two batches of Heavenly Delight (a layered chocolate-peanut butter fudge that's a tradition for us) and a double recipe of Chocolate Dipped Orange Slices.  I also got a huge gift basket prepared for my husband's boss and family, and figured out a way to dress up my jars of Christmas Jam a bit.  No photos yet of how I did that.
Thankfully, I didn't have to cook supper.  Mr. T and I took our two teenage granddaughters out to dinner (and they came back with us to spend the night).  We had a nice relaxing meal at our local seafood place.
Then tonight, I baked a cranberry coffeecake to take to church tomorrow.  Now the Christmas kitchen is closed for the night and I'm headed to bed!

4 comments:

  1. 🎄❄️🎄That sounds like a lovely day in the kitchen. You accomplished so much. A blessed Christmas Eve to you!
    ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day indeed, Vee, and such fun to take the girls out for supper with us.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a beautiful day. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you, Terri! Hope it was wonderful!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!