Sunday, December 10, 2017

An unusual and pretty Christmas card

 I have never seen a Christmas card like this one, and most likely you all haven't, either.  It's a wooden card that was sent to my family one year, probably in the early 1960s, by friends in the lumber business.  A label on the back says it is made by Yankee Artists in Keene, New Hampshire from the wood of the silk cotton tree, which apparently grows in Africa and South America.  The cards were called SilkWoods.  I did a small amount of research to learn more about this company and see if it was still in business, but was unable to find any information.

The card is unique, for sure, and I love its farm and mountain scene.  I particularly like the green farmhouse contrasted with the red barn, and the mountains towering above.  Hope you've enjoyed this vintage card!

6 comments:

  1. It's very pretty! You always have the best finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks, Vicki! It's one of the things that is making this house clean-out worthwhile ... the fun of finding treasures like this. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing it!

      Delete
  2. It is unique and beautiful...perhaps even has real value because of its rarity. Anyway, it’s a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. Now that I know a little more about where it was made, I'm thinking that may be Mt. Monadnock in the background.

      Delete
  3. I love unique cards like that. They are very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unique for sure, Lucie. Glad you enjoyed seeing the card!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!